By Peter Mwanza and Natasha Ngosa
The University of Zambia’s (UNZA) school of humanities and social sciences last Friday February 3, 2017 awarded 12 best graduating students of the academic year 2015/16.
The award ceremony was attended by UNZA management, Principle Officers and the guest of honor who was University of Zambia Vice Chancellor Professor Luke Mumba.
The event was sponsored by Zambia National Commercial Bank (ZANACO) and Media Institute for Southern Africa (MISA).
Professor Mumba strongly advised the Dean of the School not to limit awards to only best graduating students but to also consider all the other best performing students in different study years as they will have an early motivation.
He asked the graduates to find ways to motivate students and the people they would interact with in society.
ZANACO awarded all departments of Humanities and Social Sciences with a cheque of K1000.00 which was given to each while MISA Zambia awarded the best graduating Mass Communication Students.
MEDIA INSTITUTE SOUTHERN AFRICA (MISA) AWARDS
1) STELLA NGOMA who got 3rd best Mass Communication student
2) CHISANGA DAVID who got 2nd best Mass Communication student
3) SERAH NKANDU who got best Mass Communication student
ZAMBIA NATIONAL COMMERCIAL BANK (ZANACO) AWARDS
1) AMED EYA – Best graduating student in Political Science
2) MBALAZI KABUSWE – best graduating student in Social Work
3) SERAH NKANDU –best graduating student in Mass Communication
4) MWILA CHIBUYE-best graduating student in Development Studies
5) LUNGU NYAWA-best graduating student in Public Administration
6) CHILESHE KATONGO-best graduating student in Gender Studies
7) CHEWE LISTA – best graduating student in Psychology
8) SIMONGA ROKINA –best graduating student in SOCIOLOGY.
9) NCHIPINDE KAFISWE –best graduating in Demography
10) SICHONI WANJI-best graduating student in Economics
ZANACO AWARDS OVERALL BEST IN PROGRAMS.
1). Bachelor of Arts in Economics and Demography AMED EYA
2). Bachelor of Arts in Social Work MBALAZI KABUSWE
3).Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication SERAH NKANDU