My life ban is unfortunate and unfair – Simataa

MUTENDERE Football Club owner Simataa Simataa has described the life ban issued on him by the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) as unfortunate and unfair. Simaataa had been charged with making disparaging remarks and taking legal action against some of the FAZ employees. In a later dated March 23, 2014 addressed to Simataa, FAZ general secretary George Kasengele said Simataa had been banned after he was found guilty of violating the FAZ Disciplinary Code and the Constitution.

Simaataa had been charged with making disparaging remarks and taking legal action against some of the FAZ employees. In a later dated March 23, 2014 addressed to Simataa, FAZ general secretary George Kasengele said Simataa had been banned after he was found guilty of violating the FAZ Disciplinary Code and the Constitution. MUTENDERE Football Club owner Simataa Simataa has described the life ban issued on him by the Football Association of Zambia (FAZ) as unfortunate and unfair.

Simaataa had been charged with making disparaging remarks and taking legal action against some of the FAZ employees.

In a later dated March 23, 2014 addressed to Simataa, FAZ general secretary George Kasengele said Simataa had been banned after he was found guilty of violating the FAZ Disciplinary Code and the Constitution.

And speaking during a live phone interview on the Lusaka Star radio programme on radio, Simataa asked FAZ to substantiate their decision to slap him with a life ban.

“I asked FAZ to substantiate their charges. You (FAZ) can’t just say you spoke against us on radio, what exactly has offended you (FAZ)? What exactly is the problem? I even told them (FAZ) to go to radio phoenix and get the recording and introduce it to the judge…..” he added.

Simata is reported to have spoken against FAZ during a Radio Phoenix Programme on 20th December, 2013.

Meanwhile, Simataa recently asked the FAZ appeals committee to nullify his life ban from football activities slapped on him.

In a letter of appeal to the FAZ appeals committee obtained by The Post Newspaper from Football House and monitored by the Lusaka Star, Simataa stated that FAZ's charge was unsubstantiated, untrue and did not state an adequate claim.

"I appeal to the FAZ council appeals committee to dismiss the verdict because FAZ’s charge against me, that of using disparaging remarks against FAZ on a Radio Phoenix programme is unsubstantiated, untrue and does not state an adequate claim," read the letter in part.

And when asked the way forward should the appeal fail, Simataa said there were two options that he would take.

“One is to go the way of the National Sports Council, which finally lands into the Minister’s office………… if the Minister upholds then the courts of law will come in. The other route is through FIFA,” he explained.

Simataa lamented that he would only apologise if he was proven guilty beyond reasonable doubt.

He has since played down reports suggesting he had a personal vendetta against some of FAZ members.

Simataa has coached the national team and junior national teams before including the Under 17 in 2002 and has also been acting FAZ president.

He also served as Zambia Football Coaches Association (ZAFCA) general secretary.
 

Comments

comments

-->